What’s Not To Love, Love, Love!!
In honor of the Oreo taking over Manhattan…
I’m going to share my Frozen Oreo & Ice Cream Cake recipe…
I got it from a policewoman who works at the local college in town…
She shared it with me after I told her about my Frozen Ice Cream Sandwich Cake recipe…
That I got from the lady from “19 Kids And Counting” on TV!!
I love these two recipes, because there’s no mixing or baking…
And kids can help!!
We use them to reward kids each semester at school!
The class starts out with a jar of chocolate chips…
They need to keep all the chips…
Or earn them back, if they’ve lost them for misbehavior…
Home Ec. teachers know…
Kids will do anything for chocolate chips!!
Frozen Oreo & Ice Cream Cake:
1. Pick a gal. of any flavor ice cream, and a large container of Cool Whip, and let them thaw
2. Use a rectangular brownie pan
3. Crush a regular size package of Oreos in a plastic Ziplock bag with a rolling pin, or mallet
4. Layer half the amount of Oreos onto the bottom of the pan (save the other half for the top)
5. Spread the thawed ice cream over the Oreos
6. Spread the thawed Cool Whip over the ice cream
7. Sprinkle the rest of the crushed Oreos on the top
8. Cover with a sheet of wax paper, and foil, and freeze
Variations: The policewoman made hers in a fancy, deep, glass, see-through bowl…must have been beautiful…you should try it!! But I was feeding lots of drama team kids and needed to make a lot!! You can also use chips and syrups of any kind…most kids don’t like nuts and raisins…but they do love sprinkles!!
Frozen Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
1. Pick a large box of any flavor ice cream sandwiches
2. Let a large container of Cool Whip thaw
3. Use a rectangular brownie pan
4. Layer half the ice cream sandwiches to cover the bottom of the pan
5. Spread half the Cool Whip over the ice cream sandwiches
6. Sprinkle any kind of chips over the Cool Whip (milk or dark chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, etc.)
7. Squirt any kind of syrup all over the chips (chocolate fudge, butterscotch, caramel, etc.)
8. Now layer the other half of the ice cream sandwiches, the rest of the Cool Whip, more syrup, more chips (and whatever else you like!)
9. Cover with a sheet of wax paper, and foil, and freeze!
“A cheerful heart is good medicine…” Proverbs 17:22
“…that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” Ephesians 6:3