This is the son of our former Worship Minister…powerful words!!!
Growing up as the son of a pastor, I learned to filter my emotions; how to respond to things.. to people. It becomes second nature to create a persona that is likable and attractive to everyone. The following is pure and unfiltered “Dallas,” consisting of sensitive thoughts and material I have never told anyone before. I am letting you enter my world:
“NOOO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOO!”
The room was spinning. I clung to my uncle and Mema and everything around me, hopelessly looking around the living room for some kind of sign. Searching the faces of my brothers, my eyes asked theirs if this could be true. The deepest groanings and darkest places of the universe cannot communicate the grief.
After school on Wednesday December 10, 2008 we were picked up by our Mema, which usually meant that it must have been a bad day for Mom. “Your…
View original post 1,878 more words
I think it’s safe to say that we all feel the world is falling apart. By now, we’ve been bombarded with news stories of crime and climate change, disrespect and disillusionment, violence and epidemics, extremism and fanaticism, terrorism and war. And now we have to come to grips with beheadings and crucifixions. Our 21st-century life has been turned back hundreds and hundreds of years.
At moments like this, I want to retreat into my garden. I feel safe there.
The sad truth, though, is that the world has always been a crazy place. Just look at the history that isn’t too far in the past. The Holocaust. JFK’s assassination. And MLK. And RFK. Son of Sam. AIDS. Oklahoma City. 9-11.
Yet, it is during these times of evil that so many people rise to the challenge to remind us that there is goodness in the world.
As we approach…
View original post 1,058 more words
Yup…this is funny and true!!
- Socks are only for bowling.
- You never use an umbrella because the rain will be over in five minutes.
- A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade.
- Your winter coat is made of denim.
- … You can tell the difference between fire ant Bites and mosquito bites.
- You’re younger than thirty but some of your Friends are over 65.
- Anything under 70 degrees is chilly.
- You’ve driven through Yeehaw Junction.
- You know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.
- Every other house in your neighborhood Had blue roofs in 2004-2005. You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn’t worth waking up for.
- You dread love bug season.
- You are on a first name basis with the Hurricane list. They aren’t Hurricane Charley or Hurricane Frances. You know them as Andrew, Charley , Frances , Ivan…
View original post 196 more words
Ahhh…I needed that!!!
This is not my Crazy Siberian, but it could very well be!! Ha!!
She knows a good thing when she feels it!!
Ahhhhh…I gotta get me ones of those!!!!
Reblogged: -Devotional by Roy Lessin, from his blog Meet Me In The Meadow
Facing a battle?
Don’t try to—
Figure your way through,
Reason your way through,
Guess your way through,
Feel your way through,
Push your way through,
Manipulate your way through;
Fake your way through.
What should you do?
Trust your way through!
We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You. 2 Chronicles 20:12 AMP
Pray your way through!
Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance. Ephesians 6:18 AMP
Believe your way through!
This is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4 AMP
Walk your way through!
When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:2-3 NLT
Praise your way through!
So the people shouted when the priests blew the trumpets. And it happened when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat. Joshua 6:20 NKJV