“Everything I Need To Know…I Learned From Noah’s Ark!”
(I saw this on e-mail today, author unknown, I added the Scriptures)
1. Don’t miss the boat! Find favor with the Lord!
“But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.”
2. Remember that we’re all in the same boat! We need to walk faithfully with our Lord!
“Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time,
and he walked faithfully with God.”
3. Plan ahead! Pay attention to God! It wasn’t raining when Noah built the Ark.
“So God said to Noah,
‘I am going to put an end to all people,
for the earth is filled with violence because of them.
I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth….
Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights,
and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.’”
4. Stay fit and healthy! When you’re 60+ years old, God may ask you to do something really big, too!
“So make yourself an ark of cypress wood...
I am going to bring flood waters on the earth
to destroy all life under the heavens,
every creature that has the breath of life in it.
Everything on earth will perish.“
5. Don’t listen to critics! Obey God! Just get on with the job that He says needs to be done.
“Noah did everything just as God commanded him.”
6. Build your future on the higher ground of the Lord!
“But I will establish My covenant with you,
and you will enter the ark—
you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you…”
The Lord then said to Noah,
“Go into the ark,
you and your whole family,
because I have found you righteous in this generation.”
7. For safety’s sake, travel in pairs.
“You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures,
male and female,
to keep them alive with you.
Two of every kind of bird,
of every kind of animal
and of every kind of creature
that moves along the ground
will come to you to be kept alive.”
8. Speed isn’t always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
“Pairs of clean and unclean animals,
of birds and of all creatures
that move along the ground,
male and female,
came to Noah and entered the ark,
as God had commanded Noah.”
9. When you’re stressed, float awhile.
“For forty days
the flood kept coming on the earth,
and as the waters increased
they lifted the ark high above the earth.
The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth,
and the ark floated on the surface of the water.”
10. Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals. Build your life according to God’s Plan!
“This is how you are to build it:
The ark is to be three hundred cubits long,
fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.
Make a roof for it,
leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around.
Put a door in the side of the ark
and make lower, middle and upper decks.”
11. No matter the storm, when you’re with God, there’s always a rainbow waiting.
“And God said,
‘This is the sign of the covenant
I am making between Me and you
and every living creature with you,
a covenant for all generations to come:
I have set my rainbow in the clouds,
and it will be the sign of the covenant
between Me and the earth.
Whenever I bring clouds over the earth
and the rainbow appears in the clouds,
I will remember My covenant between Me and you
and all living creatures of every kind.
Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds,
I will see it
and remember the everlasting covenant
between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth…'”
“Then Noah built an altar to the Lord and,
taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds,
he sacrificed burnt offerings on it.
The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma
and said in His heart:
‘Never again will I curse the ground because of humans,
even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood.
And never again will I destroy all living creatures,
as I have done.
As long as the earth endures…'”
Thank You, Lord!!